View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 08:09 AM
tezell0801
Banned

Thanks for the support and replies. I am at work and connot post pictures until I get home tonight. When I say ruined, here are some of hte issues:
she used a scallop pattern, but the scllops are in no way uniform, some are flat some are huge running into the next row. There are many broken threads and uneven stitches. And there is the border - on one end she quilted the obrder, the other end ... nothing. and on the borders on the sides what a mess, she quilted into them, starting a stoppoing at various places. there are some scallops that area mess, one looks like her machine got away from her and it looks like a duck. Another palce the same happend and ther is a loop right in the middle of a scallop. You would agree I am sure that it is a mess. I brought the quilt to work with me to show a couple of friends, they are speechless.
I think she is just too new at using her machine for quilting. In talking to her yesterday I was informed she only got the machine in Dec. She has quilted for years, by hand and on her domestic machine, the quilts I saw were nice, but not done on the new machine. Her main fault was just not being ready to quilt for others using this machine. I will not pass her name on to anyone, but I just don't think I can go back an confront her. I am so not good at things like that. I should have not been so trusting of the recommendation.
The more I think about it, I think I will leave it be, I know that ripping it out will be time consuming and I would possibly just get frustrated and toss it aside. Makes me sad to look at it so I think I will move on. At least it can be used for a quilt even it my niece does not want it as a spread. She may not have a problem with it, she is not a picky person and has been so excited about getting the quilt. I will make her another one in the near future.

And for fun at college the girls in her dorm can play "where's the duck" sort of like where's Waldo, the one who finds the duck shaped scallop is the winner! - Just a joke but - but I am trying to find some humor to keep from crying. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, I think I lost on this one.