View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 09:12 AM
yayaquilts

Thanks ladies!! I'm really happy with my blocks. When I found my "inspiration" fabric I also decided to make this quilt for my mom. She's 84 and used to sew, most of her life! She has arthritis in her hands and has lost her desire to sew anymore, but she really appreciates quilts! She actually made a scrappy stack and slash quilt and finished the top, without borders before she stopped sewing. So I added the borders and quilted it for her. She uses that quilt in the winter but she always says it's too heavy (I used Warm & Natural in it and stippled all over the quilt).

So I am making this quilt top for her and will back it in flannel. I'm not going to use any batting---so it will be more like a coverlet and it will be lightweight! I'll probably do some SID to hold it together. I will need to make 8 additional blocks to make it large enough for her double bed and will have to make a couple of deep borders to make the sides of it long enough. I'll share my extra blocks when I finish them, too.

It was easy to get caught up on the blocks once I found my inspiration and decided who it would be making it for!!! Looking forward to finishing it.