View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 01:19 PM
rivka
Banned

How has the Olfa quality been lately? Have they managed to fix the problem that they were having with the Eau De Skunk scented mats, or is that still an issue?
Short answer: no.

Long answer: I bought a large Olfa mat two months ago, and brought it into the house, leaving it on the dining room table. A couple of hours later, my husband and I are watching TV, and I keep smelling this awful chemical smell. It seriously smelled like electrical wires burning -- we kept walking around the middle of our house, sniffing around trying to figure out what smelled so bad, and we were positive that we had wires burning somewhere. My husband was actually on the phone with our electrician explaining the smell and was asking him to come over when I finally thought to sniff the mat -- it smelled awful! It had completely stunk up most of our house. We felt like idiots once we explained to the electrician what the issue was, but he was nice about it :) I keep the mat in the garage when I'm not using it -- it still smells fairly strongly.