View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Katia

First off, the quilt is beautiful and the puppy is adorable. What a great and happy deal for both of you.

I sure which I could find a good deal like that. I want a Newfoundland and my hubby wants a Malamute. And either one is so very expensive and hard to find where I live. We have not had a puppy around for a long time and both of us are ready.

My folks had Border Collies and they are indeed a very smart breed. I think you can teach them anything. I agree that they are never too young to start training, however they can be too young to take to classes. Not physically or even mentally, but the problem is getting enough vaccinations in them to keep them protected. I lost my show quality, very expensive and very very special German Shepherd puppy awhile back to Parvo . He was up to date on his shots and still got it. He was four months old and we were so bonded that it broke my heart. I took him to a class at a park to start socializing and obedience training. What a bad mistake. You just never know what viruses might be lurking. Sorry to be a downer, just a warning to be careful.