Old 07-25-2012, 02:06 AM
jlhmnj

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]351244[/ATTACH]
I picked this dainty little head with pretty roses on it. It says "Parisian" on the arm. She's smaller than my other heads, and several pounds lighter. The only reason I think she might be made by Davis is because the plate with the serial number is exactly like my NVF plate. I have no idea about her history, age, etc. She does appear to be in working condition. The serial number is L219698. i will post a pic in an album shortly.
Hi Jennifer,

It's a Davis L and not typical in many ways for Davis . Note location of bobbin winder tire on inside of hand wheel, stitch length on pillar and the puzzling serial number. I have a 1906 Sears Minnesota catalog with a picture of this model in it as the badged Minnesota C. I believe the L was replaced this year or sooner in favor of the Model M which is almost identical except the stitch length is on the bed and has more familiar bobbin winder driven by belt or outside of hand wheel.

I would have loved to have seen all the odds and ends you helped move around. Two free Davis' in one day sounds like the "nearest thing to heaven"

Jon