View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:30 AM
MistyMarie

Default Taking over the Garage

I recently moved to a new place (going through a divorce) and get the garage ALL TO MYSELF (and two kids... but they don't need much space). So, I decided since my new little house doesn't have a place for all my sewing equipment, I would make a space for my sewing in the garage. I figure I will have to spend a little more in the winter to heat it when I am out there (or else grab a sewing machine and take it in to the house for a few months).

Right now, my garage is still full of moving boxes and work-related "stuff". In a couple of weeks, most of that will be gone, as I am an English teacher and have over 3000 books in boxes out there and will be moving them to the school where I soon will start teaching.

Anyway, I figured I would still need space to park my vehicle in the winter so I don't have to scrape off ice, so I have at least started by defining my space. I will update photos as I go along. The counters were put in by my dad and me a few weeks ago. They came out of my old house's laundry room. Same with the shelves. So, now I have the arduous task of unpacking all my fabrics and sewing equipment so I can start sewing again! I am actually looking forward to it. This will be the first time in my life that I have had my OWN space to sew in.

I will add updates as I continue to work on the space. This will be motivating, as I tend to get sidetracked easily! The first picture is what I got done last week. I will take another one today after I spend a few more hours on it. The second picture is the rest of the mess in the garage that I have to get through! Somewhere in that mess is a quilting frame that I can FINALLY use!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]351406[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]351407[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails start-quilting-area.jpg   2012-07-18_15-59-48_433.jpg