View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Quilter 65

First of all, I am sad you are so disappointed. It was crushing, I would imagine. I must share an experience with you for which I am more than grateful. I finished my first quilt. I wanted to use a LA novice (not sure how long he has had the machine. He has health issues and is doing this because it will accommodate his health, hopefully). Well, I want 95% of it SID. He paused, pondered, and finally said, this is sure a beautiful quilt. I don't feel I am ready to do this SID yet. I don't want to ruin your quilt. I thanked him graciously and will use his services at sometime in the future. He had one in the frame at the time and it was meander and looked fine. I was grateful at the time, and I am MORE grateful now after reading this post. I have a second quilt at a hand quilter's now. I have seen her work and it was good. I so hope she does as well with this one. It was square when I sent it, so hopefully will be square and beautiful when returned. I have a third one almost done and it was a "see how it goes quilt" in practice for the BIG one and I will be doing it myself probably because I know it is not as nicely done as the first two and I don't want someone talking about my less than best attempts. My heart breaks for you, but having been in college, I have seen how some things are treated. It may serve the purpose well as is.