View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Skittl1321

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Gorgeous work! Your Diane-shiko would make Diane beam with pride. Based on what you have posted so far you could do Diane's headbands and bouncing bananas as background quite easily. Your skills are definitely there for those two. And they are quite attactive done as a background fill. Have you gone to Leah Day's website for additional ideas on background fills?
Aww thanks I've tried the bananas (but not yet headbands), but I get lost and it is difficult to fill the space, especially around the snowflake. I'm taking a class with her at the Des Moines quilt show, so it will be interesting to see if she covers them (it isn't the banana class though).

I actually have the same problem with McTavishing- my doodling is getting better, but I often get lost in the space, so I'm not quite ready to put it to thread. I know to use C's to get out of tight spaces, but I still feel like I would end up with too much thread build up.

Yes- I have visited Leah Day's site. This is actually her Winter Wonderland pattern. I worship her quilting. She has been a huge inspiration for me in my journey this year.