View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 04:50 PM
tuesy

Originally Posted by cheriffic
Originally Posted by tuesy
Ya'll know I'm doing E-10... it's applique... and applique and I do NOT get along..(unless it's on the embroidery machine.. then I can do it easily).. I've redid this block I don't know how many times.. even have a full set (which will not be sent to ya'll) that I totally messed up somehow. The little melon thingy (and I used the size from the software) is to big, meaning it extends into the 1/4" seam line. Ok, so I redid it yesterday. Used kosmos instructions to the letter.. and guess what? They are still to big!!! :evil: :roll:
So I did the next best thing... I used Steam a seam 2 and got them all fixed, made sure that they didn't extend into the seam line (had to decrease the size of the melon thingy).... So now do I handstitch around the melon thingy, or do I machine stitch? And with what stitch? Here's what they look like..
I have had a @!%$#! of a time with my little diamonds. I too switched to the steam a seam 2 and using the smallest blanket stitch I can in matching thread and I think the look a heck of a lot better. They are just too small to hand sew and keep in place. My camera has been giving me issues but I will try to post tonight and see what everyone thinks
Cher
Cher.. I wanted to pull my hair out. Those blocks were just evil...*LOL* Can't wait to see your blocks..