View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 12:26 PM
margecam52

I sent you a private message. This quilt can be saved. What I see is that the person is either very new, or was having a machine issue (probably lack of experience).

Some feel if they have a machine and a Automatic quilt robot...all they will have to do is set the design and walk away...NOT happening! You have to watch the machine...and if you are doing a panto (I don't think she/he was...really feel they had a quilt robot of some kind...thought it was going to do the design automatically, and it's just not that simple).

It took me several years to get to where I felt I was ready to add the Quilt robot (I have a TL18LS w/Qbot)...you need to know how to control the machine before you add any extras.

I get quilts in the mail that are old, torn, come with sheets for backing...and that's fine with me...I also get some beautiful quilts..those I let talk to me before I even load them . Today's "quilt" is a camo sheet w/tan backing. Trees in the forest camo. Customer asked that I put something guyish on it for her grandson to take to college...it's getting "cabin in the woods"...not the name of the design...but what I call it. It's a Mary Covey design. I'll digitize it...cabin, pinetree, bear...repeat. I'll fix it so it nests...or I'll add a connection between the rows.

Some quilter's won't entertain using sheets...but I feel they are no different than a batik fabric, and don't mind using them at all.

Do let the quilter know what the issues are, and the store. Take a pic of the entire quilt (lay it out on a bed). Turn it over and take another pic of the back. My offer to fix it stands.

Originally Posted by tezell0801 View Post
I have... my first quilt. Got it back tonight. Lesson learned. Such a hard lesson too. I worked so hard on it. Sad part is she was so sweet and so proud. Oh my. Trust me I am not over-reacting - at all. She simply is not ready to quilt for others, but I did not know this going in. Should have been more inquisitive, but she came recommended by a well know fabric shop. I am so so sad, it was to be gift for my niece for college. Now trying to figure out whether I should rip it all out or cut my losses and move on. It was so darn pretty too.
A very sweet board member is being so kind to listen to me whine. Should have sent it to her, but I had already committed to the other lady when I got her email.

I just need your shoulders to cry on tonight as I mourn my "quilt baby".
Thanks