View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 12:45 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I read through this entire thread before commenting. Thank you for posting pics on page 4. This was quite possibly the worst quilting job I have ever seen. But what disturbs me even more than that is the LAQ was proud, excited about the work, thought this was even remotely acceptable. Nobody likes confrontation but please, I beg of you, at the very least write this woman a letter. She needs to know that this work is not acceptable in any way shape or form. And the only way she will improve or even realize that this is unacceptable is if YOU or someone else TELLS her. You must. You will be doing her a favor and other future clients she may have an even bigger favor. And I must add there is no way, absolutely NO way she did not realize those flubs were happening. The duck, the loops the going over the broken threads. I don't agree with Marge, I don't think this was the work of a robotic quilter, this is the work of an inexperienced longarmer wanna be attempting a panto and failing miserably. Some parts were ok and even remotely acceptable but the bad parts are in no way acceptable.
Even if you don't demand a refund, don't demand she rip out, at the very least send her a letter with printouts of the photos you posted here and tell her that this is unacceptable and use this as a valuable lesson to learn to either improve her craft or give it up.
Regarding seeing samples, well I don't have any. Every quilt I have longarmed was either given away as a gift or has been a customer's gone to their home so I don't have any samples to show, only pictures of my work. All of which I have posted here. From my very first scribbles: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...rm-t54832.html

To this: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...e-t184706.html
So not all of us can show real "live" samples of our work and I would hope and pray anyone who was not happy with a quilting job I did for them would have the decency to tell me. How would I know if there was a problem if you don't say so?

Last edited by feline fanatic; 07-25-2012 at 12:47 PM.