View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 06:38 PM
caspharm

I agree with everyone. Take it back and show her and the person that recommended her. It shows she needs more practice before working for others. It also looks like she doesn't have a stitch regulator, since the first quilts I did on a non-stitch regulated machine (rented) had toe catchers like those.

If you are afraid to "skin" the quilt, maybe the person on the board who offered to quilt it would "skin" it for a charge, or recommend a method for you, and then quilt it.

I only do my quilts and charity quilts to practice. I actually have no plans to go into business, but I would definitely get in at least a solid year's worth of quilting different quilts before I would ever consider it, if I changed my mind.

Good luck with your quilt. I think it can be saved. Depending on how large it is, you might be able to rip out the bad sections and resew on your home machine. I had some toe catchers on one of my earlier quilts and the shop owner where I rented, had me rip out the bad stitch and she restitched it on her Juki at the shop.