View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Krisb

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Well, yesterday threw me for a loop. Went out and got dark brown and dark green--Deb, you were right as usual. Maybe i"m obsessive, but i went to four atores before i found a green i liked. Came home to sew my Asheville art deco BOM to get that out of the way first, sat down with the first unit--fine. Second unit, my Janome 1600P began to have a fit. Really bad bird's nests. Took the throat plate off and checked. Could not see any thread or lint. Took out the bobbin case. It had a very small amount of lint. Cleaned that. Changed the needle. No effect. Took out the bobbin case again and did the dangle and jerk test. Didn't move. Went to look for the baby screwdriver. Couldn't find it. Went to Wally World and got another. Played with the bobbin tension. Played with the top tension. Retreaded the machine. Played some more. Took the new needle out. Put it back in. Retreaded everything. Played a little more. Now it's good. My husband thought that it just felt I had been taking it for granted, and wanted some attention.

Last edited by Krisb; 07-25-2012 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Darn that autocomplete anyway