Old 07-25-2012, 07:23 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

BrookMarie ... Now that's going to be a fun project to do! I know those counted cross stitch patterns are pretty small grids. So get out some graph paper and draw it out on there. Then start looking at HSTs and QSTs in different colours to help you get those folds in his clothes! And use your pencil crayons to help you colour in the different colours. Then start looking for your fabrics. Good idea that W4Me had about the butterflies!! Just start with the centre, and I bet you'll have LOTS more ideas for the rest, as you work on it. Now the question I have ... is there a significance of this wee man to your life, that you've done a cross stitch and now a quilt?

Oh ... forgot ... you asked about the fusible grid ... check it out in your LQS. I haven't worked with it, but I saw some last week. It is very lightweight, not much different than a clothes dryer sheet. The one question I had, was how do you get them all sitting in place so that they don't shift as you iron them? I think I'd want to practice on something smaller to get the idea of how to work with it. That's just me though!

VickyG ... That's good news that you have your DH home again. Much easier on you, than to have to do all the commuting and sitting! Maybe now, as he continues his recovery, you can have a chance to sit and sew a little! Remember, you need some "therapy" and me-time to help you continue to cope. Best wishes for continued improvement for your DH .... and that he is a good patient, and easy on you!