View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 07:33 PM
May in Jersey

Hot Weather favorites, 1- Whole Roasted Chicken from Costco - so juicy and you don't have to heat the house using the oven, add a salad and it is a complet meal. 2- BLT as mentioned by others - only time I buy bacon is when the Jersey tomatoes are ripe, sometimes adding a few slices of munster cheese is good, 3- Chef Salad with some cold pasta added - makes a great cool filling meal and with each meal a big glass of ice tea makes it all perfect.

Another favorite takes some work before hand but I love it, it's what my family calls potato and egg pie AKA a frittata. Early in the afternoon I fry up some small thin slices of potato and drain them on paper towels. When it's dinner time I beat up about 2 or 3 eggs per person, over medium heat I melt some butter in my small frying pan, add half of the beaten eggs, sprinkle some cooked potates on top and then add rest of egg mixture. Cook slowly on medium heat. Sometimes the top is still a little runny so I flip it over into another hot frying pan to cook the top. Of course, you could use more eggs and potatos and fry it in a larger frying pan but getting your own little potato and egg pie is the best way. So delicious with some fresh tomatoes and roasted red peppers. You could add chopped onions, Italian sausage slices, mushrooms, etc. but plain potato and egg pie is one of my all time favorites. May in Jersey .

Last edited by May in Jersey; 07-25-2012 at 07:48 PM.