View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 06:28 PM
kluedesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by kwhite
So how many blocks do you think we will be doing a week?? And are you going in order?
no we won't be going in order of letters and numbers.

i'm trying to set it up based on how difficult the blocks are and determine the time of year that it is. the blocks will be anywhere from 3-6 blocks a week depending on how difficult the blocks are to make.

so, the idea is for the first 2 weeks to be easy blocks so everyone can get their feet wet.

then we'll spend the rest of the winter and spring doing a mix of technique and difficulty.

then when school lets out and the kids are home for summer and vacations/etc we'll hit easy blocks again.

then sept we'll start back with mixed technique and difficulty.

then for the holidays its back to easy.

then after the holidays pass we'll be at 12 months and we'll finish the quilt over the winter.

we'll be doing a triangle a week starting the 2nd month.

i plan on putting up the full schedule for the entire 225 blocks once we start the Cyber Block Party, i don't want anyone to feel like they don't know whats coming up or feel lost if they go on vacation (things like that).

so, we'll do 6 weeks of blocks then we'll take 1 week off, so that people can catch up/redo a block/work on another project/etc.