Thread: New Machine?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 09:25 PM
kensington

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Be wary of a sale like that. Find out the exact model of that Singer in order to get reliable recommendations. Also, once you know the model number, you can look up reviews of it at http://www.patternreview.com (join for free in order to see old as well as new reviews).

Personally, in that price range I would probably be looking for a Janome 6600P or 6500P. The 6600P has the accu-feed system (similar to Pfaff's built-in walking foot) but might be a little out of your price range. The 6500P is almost the same machine, but without the built-in walking foot; should be within your price range.
Hey thanks. Of course they had someone there to tell me "THIS" is the machine you want. I can afford what I want, but I do not want to spend thousands of dollars. Those machines are really impressive, but my hobby is basic, I like to strip piece, straight sew for quilt tops, and I now want to applique some and I love the embroidered block also.

I'm a new at both of those things. I just don't need a machine I have to go to college to learn to use. ROTFLOL.

I am thinking between 600.00 and 1,000.00. I've had two basic Singer machines. My mom had a Singer. My granny and great granny had Singer peddle machines. That's why I was looking at that Singer.

Can you tell me which ones are the most quiet and go the fasest. I'm sure that is almost like cusing to some, but I have a heavy foot... the faster the better. Thanks for your reply.