View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 04:52 AM
sew_Tracy

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

Nope, my sewing space used to be the family room adjacent to the kitchen. DH converted our garage (mind you garages in Alabama are HUGE and could fit 3 cars, tools, and laundry/misc storage) into an apartment for his mother. When he built her shower, we had to move the washer and dryer upstairs into the family room. We also have a dining room we never use so we converted it into our office. Formal living room is now family room. After all, we simply are not that formal! I never saw the use in a room that never gets used . DH also built me a workshop outside, complete with heat and AC, but guess what? It's so crammed with his misc tools and crap that my work benches are swallowed up! Well, he does need to keep his tools out of the rain and since the metal shed leaks, his table saw, compressor, misc other saws and tools need a place to live. Sure I clean it up once in a while. He is so grateful that he can now cram more crap in there. One day I will get some use out of my never-used band saw!

Do share what your other hobbies are, or at least point me in the direction for the correct thread

Last edited by sew_Tracy; 07-26-2012 at 04:53 AM. Reason: typo