View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 06:01 AM
Maire

I've made many, many pillowcase for Conker, Ronald MacDonald House, Benjamin Smiles, my grandchildren & gifts for friends-kids of all ages love them and they do get used. I make them using the burrito method (but didn't know the name) and also use the 3rd accent piece, I cut mine 3 inches wide, then fold in half. And from seeing my grandchildren's pillowcases that 3rd piece starts to look wonky after washings because it needs to be ironed. But no one has time to iron a pillowcase, working Mom's or caregiver of a sick child, so I started top stitching the upper & lower edge of the accent piece-it only takes a minute & that piece stays nice & flat & attractive after many washings.
I feel all the quilts, blankets, pillowcases, etc are very much appreciated. My daughter & her husband adopted a newborn, when they brought him home from the hospital he was wrapped in a fleece blanket with a hand crocheted lace edging that someone in the hospital auxillary had made. That baby is now 5 yrs old, a wonderful child and my daughter still cherishes that blanket, when they get out his baby book and talk about the day he was born she gets out that blanket to show him & explains why it is so special.