Thread: Tip of the day!
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 03:56 PM
leatheflea

Default Tip of the day!

When micro stippling you must BLINK AND BREATHE! Both have serious side effects if you don't! Your reading glasses become basically useless due to the tears that well up in your eyes -due to the intense staring and failure to blink. At this point you're afraid to blink for fear your tears will wash away your blue water soluable marker that you've used on other parts of the quilt. So you stop breathing? I don't understand this but it happens! So finally you'll shut off the machine lower the needle hoping you hit the right spot while looking through your tear filled eyes. Man intense! Quilting is supposed to be relaxing! This may be the first and the last time that micro stippling is used by me. No quilt is worth the tears and the headaches(from lack of breathing). Seriously I can only quilt for about 5 minutes and then I need a break to blink and breathe easy for a while. The cause of all of this craziness? YOUTUBE, they make it look so easy. Now that I think about it those videos are usually 5 minutes or less...yep they too must be taking a BREATHER. They should put warning labels on those quilting videos! SURGEON GENERALS WARNING...WATCHING THIS VIDEO COULD CAUSE VISION AND BREATHING COMPLICATIONS...PROCEED WITH CAUTION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. Well I'm back to the "Table of tears" Thanks for listening to me whine, and remember to blink and breathe!