View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 03:52 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

I would love to be able to go back to operating the fabric Department in our Wal Mart again. There would be no complaints from my mouth. The closest place for us to buy fabric now is about 34 miles from our town. Very inconvenient. However, Home Office makes decisions based on the grand scope of things and we tend to see things on our local level. We don't always agree with the way things run but we don't make the decisions. As far as prices not being as low as they were? Have you compared prices on groceries to what they were 1 year ago? Everything is becoming so expensive, us poor folks are going to really struggle.
As far as Wal Mart, Joann and hobby lobby carrying lower quality fabrics, I have to disagree. Some of the quality is lower but so are their prices. Most people think lower prices, lower quality. Did you ever think that the large "big box" stores purchase much larger quantities that the LQS can. That makes a difference in price. We had an LQS purchase fabric on sale at a "big box" store and resell it in her shop. If it weren't for the lower price stores, I for one could not continue to quilt.

Originally Posted by sandilee View Post
I love Wal Marts fabrics. Its so convienent to go there than across town to Joannes. Our Wal mart has the fabrics very dis-organized now. I mentioned that to the clerk and she said its because they needed space for flowers for summertime. So, this fall or late summer it should be back to the way I like it.

Last edited by twinkie; 07-27-2012 at 03:59 AM.