View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 04:39 AM
suziehammond

Default Life in July

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
Hi, I am so busy my eyes are crossing! Oh, btw, suzie, I love your still life! Is it part of a series?
Know what you mean about the 'busy' part. But you are out there experimenting and have a pile of projects IP & that is a usually a good thing.

iPad and photos. iPad has no camera itself but there a few ways to jury-rig it if you really want to. It is fiddly and not worth the effort for me so far. So I know only what a few webpages have told me. Altho you can use the iPad as a pass through gadget for transport and storage. iPhone is much easier for that stuff for me. I use my iPad mostly for reading, I can check out library books in the US and load them down here in SA. Voila constant reading material.

Hope you show us those quilt tops and other bits as they get done. You've go me dying to try some crayoning again now.

That wine bottle block was for a charity quilt here. We have a small group of quilters and do a yearly auction quilt. Last year the proceeds bought an older dental chair and the services of a dentist to go out to a small town once a month for people to get care.

And now in my best teacher's voice i will tell you that; Chile contains the driest desert on earth, the Atacama in the north, with the ancient Nazca lines, huge redwood forests down south with trees only slightly smaller than those in Ca., huge mountains including 22,600+ft peaks, a few continuously spouting volcanos and 2850 miles of Pacific coastline with all weathers ending in the strait of Magellan where it gets VERY cold.

But the beauty here leaves so much scope for art to be made....I don't have enough time to finish one thing before I have 20 more ideas I want to do. It was a great place to 'retire' to

I better get to work...............