View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 04:53 AM
raedar63

Originally Posted by rush88888 View Post
walmart, joann and hobby lobby carries fabric that is inferior to that of lqs. i would rather pay for quality so that my quilts might last 50 years or more. you get what you pay for. i only purchase from my 2 lqs. we can always say that it is too bad that a lqs closed; but, quilters help to keep them in business, and if those quilters prefer to purchase lower quality fabrics from the big box stores, lqs might close.
For many quilters they scrimp and save to even be able to but the 3-4 dollar a yard fabrics at wal mart . The closest LQS to me is an hour away and while they have the most outstanding and beautiful fabrics many can not afford the prices . I know ladies that can not even afford to drive to walmart more than once or twice a month let alone buy any more than clearance fabric. You are very fortunate to be able to afford high quality fabrics ,but many are not .I ofen give huge scrap bags of fabrics to these ladies who in turn sell the finished items (twin quilts) at 30-40 dollars just to be able to buy their medicine every month. So I for one am happy to have wal mart fabric departments back "inferior fabrics " and all !