View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 05:53 AM
thepolyparrot

Originally Posted by RyanAmysMom View Post
Sounds like a lot of quilt police on here!
"Quilt police" is an inaccurate and derogatory term to apply to a bunch of people who are trying to answer the original poster in a helpful way. Perhaps you don't understand the term "quilt police," but it has a snide connotation. It's usually directed toward people who are dogmatic about their own methods and throw around the words "always" and "never" in every sentence and with great emphasis.

I usually cut my borders about 6 inches too long, lay them RST flat on the quilt, and pin every few inches from the middle to the ends, never from top to bottom. At least that way I'm close....
Sometimes, "close" works just great - I like it myself for some quilts. But, there may come a day when when "close" isn't good enough to suit you any more. Maybe you'll want to take your quilts to a higher level of professionalism or "wow factor." Getting back to perfecting the basic measuring and piecing will be the best place to start.

Tell the quilt police to take a hike and do it your own way!
There aren't any quilt police on this thread - and it would be like biting the hand that feeds you to ask for advice and then tell the people who take the time to advise you to take a hike.