Old 07-27-2012, 03:45 PM
quiltdoctor

Originally Posted by jennb View Post
So in doing a little history and research online today I came across a photo collection site that Frank put together of the Sewing machine museum showcasing many of the machines. I thought y'all might enjoy taking a look at the collection. I have spotted my Davis treadle in photos so far but I've only gone through a fraction of them. Anyway, lots of gorgeous machines to drool over.

I should probably add that there are alot of small bits and pieces that we found on the ground in there, drawer covers, panels to treadle cabinets, screws, etc. and since she didnt feel like dealing with them, she said I could have them all, so once we get it all cleaned out I'll post pics of what there is and if y'all see something that you could use to restore a machine I will share them. I just told her NOT to throw anything away unless it was a cardboard box

http://sewingmachinemuseumusafirst.w...m/apps/photos/
I went to the site and looked at all the pictures. How I wish I had paid more attention to the machines when I was there visiting the museum. Makes me sad to think how much the owner, Frank loved them all and that they are scattered here and there, missing or damaged from storage. Guess my beloved machines will have the same fate, to a much smaller scale.. On a brighter note. I did go to the garage sale where some of the machines were for sale. There was a beautiful, damaged New Home, but I did not have $200, nor would I have paid that for it. I think Jenn got the best one, the Davis VF2. The unusual ones, the people having the sale have kept (I don't blame them) I did buy a Ruby that is missing a couple of parts, shuttle and stitch length lever. I have a Ruby whose body is in bad shape, so between the two of them, I will have a pretty nice one. For $2.00 I couldn't leave her there. I bought a Singer/Wheeler Wilson Model 9 too. It is in decent shape with a bobbin and all the parts. It is one I have been wanting to find, since I have a WW9 treadle machine so I can treadle it as well. I paid $5.00 for it and was happy. I haven't taken pictures yet. DH sisters have come in from New York to see their brother now he is out of the hospital, so I won't take any pictures until next week. It did feel good to get out and machine shop for the first time in over 2 months.