View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Carol Jean

Thumbs up Rocketeer

Originally Posted by Jennalyn View Post
I've always thought that the Rocketeers were the coolest-looking machines and now I might have a chance to own one! I love Craigslist sometimes - it's how I found the estate sale with my Featherweight and now this pretty baby.

I keep bringing my FW to the office and then have to take her back home all the time whenever I want to sew at a friend's house. My Janome certainly isn't leaving the house except under special circumstances! So I've kind of wanted a machine I could leave at work, freeing up the FW for all the trips I make with her. And the only machine I really want right now is a gorgeous Singer 500A of my very own.

The seller lives about an hour and a half away, which I expected, and we're chatting via email. The machine belonged to her mother and comes with a few accessories, as well as a sewn cover that her mother made for the machine. It was her go-to workhorse for many years and she wanted it to go to a home where it would be used and loved. Needs a little bit of servicing, but nothing major.

Fingers crossed?

(The top piece is missing in the picture, but the machine does have it - she'd just misplaced it at the time and found it again later.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]351537[/ATTACH]
You will love this machine. I have one and it sews so nice. It has a belt with metal clets in it and is really built to last. I am so happy for you. Good luck and enjoy. Smiles!