Old 07-28-2012, 05:20 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

i have a whole box of antique lace- and many embroidered hankies & table toppers/clothes- i incorporate these items into other projects (like using a lace edged hanky as a doily under a vase of flowers in the center of a quilt) or use pieces in crazy quilt projects. the first time i wanted to cut one of my items it took me about a week---i was so afraid i would ruin it- or regret it- or .... but it worked out great- the project is wonderful and very much loved by the recipient & means even more to her because i did add that special hanky & antique lace. may as well use them when / where you can- better than someone just tossing them later- or sending them off to goodwill....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]351907[/ATTACH]my grandmother & my hubby's grandmother were best friends- even helped each other deliver their babies- my grandmother passed away 18 years ago- his is still with us- i made his this quilt for her 88th birthday- the hanky under the flowers as a shelf is one that belonged to my grandmother- it means so much to his grandmother! i was the only one in a huge family who wanted any of this (stuff) from my grandma- and have a box of old hanky's, lace doilies, linens---some of which i rescued from a trash bag! i've made gifts for 6 of her 8 kids (my mom, aunt's & uncles which have had pieces of grandma- along with a few cousins/ other friends/family members.
Attached Thumbnails grandmas-center.jpg   grandmas-bouquet.jpg