Old 09-29-2009, 07:36 AM
wvdek

Since October is pastor appreciation month, I have decided to make pastor and his wife a memory quilt and present it to them.

I want each family/single person to have a signature block and will incorporate that into a 12" block to make a full sized quilt. I plan on getting each family/single persons block signed at church during the month of October and then finish the quilt during November and December and present at Christmas.

Our pastor has to travel to three churches to preach on Sundays so we have lots of time for this (obtain signatures) between when he arrives and when he leaves for his last service. I thought it would be better than trying to send little packs of fabric home along with umpteen fabric pens and then expecting everyone to return the 'stuff' the following Sunday.

I also am going to ask each family/single person to pick out 1/4 yard of 100% cotton fabric and bring to me so I can make their block and place the signature block in the middle. For the single men or elderly who may not be able to get out, I will take some of my stash to church and they can choose from that.

So, my question to all of you wonderful talented folks is: what is the best marker that will not wash out or fade in the laundry?

I know Sharpie's don't work on fabric very well and Zig Memory System fades in water, so now what? I though of Craylola Markers but they are broud tip so to speak and for someone like me who writes big, this would take up alot of space. I like using a .05 mm point for writing because of how it gives a clean line.

Your thoughts and ideas are appreciated. And yes, I will begin posting pics as the quilt takes shape if this all works out ok.
Thanks ladies and gents for your help.