View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 04:47 PM
QuiltKat

Default Quilt Camp at Sea

Hi all, I'm glad I found your thread. My name is Kathy Domkoski and I have taken over the running of Quilt Camp at Sea. I cruised with them a number of times and had a great time. Now that I am organizing them, I have a different view of how it all comes together, but the one thing that is the same is that we have wonderful quilters and excellent instructors. (you knew I would say that, right?)

The thing is, that you can never control people's experience. Some people love "Fun and Excitement".. but that means different things to different people. We try to set the stage where all the fun that you want is available to you. We sail with a wonderful cruise line, great instructors, guests that love the same thing you do... quilting! We set up trips to quilt shops, sometimes guest quilters at the quilt shops (Barbara Lavallee has come down to Juneau just to meet our group), we have arranges classes in port (on our Hawaii cruise, we had a full day class in port with Keri Duke and learned how to do Hawaiian appliqué. We set up drawings and contests, in 2013, we are going to start putting a quilt together for Quilts of Valor.

Before our Alaska cruise 6/22/13, I have arranged a shop-hop tour and I have spoken to Lisa Moore and some of us will be visiting her studio in Sitka. We don't have classes when we are in port and you can take as many or as few classes as you like. You aren't stuck in a class, but if you do take a class, you are in class rooms with big windows so you can see that you are on a cruise.

I am always looking for ways to add positive changes without sacrificing the things that our returning quilters love about us. If you have ideas, I am completely open to them... let me know what kind of things you would like to see, please!
-Kathy