Thread: Tomato Soup?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 03:53 PM
lisae

Originally Posted by OnTheGo
lisae.....The spices have a rather unique flavor and I like it. My husband isn't too fond of curry, but I read that curry is believed to help prevent Alzheimer's.............I need all the help I can get. :lol: :lol: It's the curcumin that's supposed to be the ingredient. I tried to decipher its' direct source without coming to any conclusion, but I think it's a by- product of turmeric. If any of you know or find out, please post it.

Also, a recent newspaper article listed several herbs that were considered to be anti-inflammatory. They included cayenne pepper, curry, ginger, rosemary (I think) and turmeric. They're supposed to 'warm' the joints and relieve symptoms of arthritis. I know I sweated after eating the soup. I can only imagine that my joints got warm, too. :lol: Whether it helps or not, it certainly can't hurt.
I've also heard that turmeric is supposed to be anti-inflamatory. I use it a lot, because I like curries, but don't know what effect it has. Perhaps it is keeping my achy hip from getting worse. :)