View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 10:18 PM
spokanequilter

Default Do you keep a quilt journal??

When I first started making quilts, I also started a quilt journal - just a small album with a picture of each quilt and a little paragraph about who it was for, the fabrics used, and anything else I felt like adding. Well, as I made more and more quilts, that small album was overflowing and so I now have a larger album, with 12x12 pages. I put a couple of quilts, wallhangings or other quilt project on each page. Of course, I've gotten behind and haven't added anything for the last couple of years, so I now am in the process of updating. (I had taken the photos of most of the quilts, but hadn't had them printed or added to my journal.) At one point, I thought, is it really worth it? And I decided that yes it is definitely worth it. And when I finish the updating, I have promised myself that when I finish a quilt, I will take a picture and get it in the album right away. It's actually been very fun to go back through my journal over the last 7 years and look at all those quilts! And I'm finding that I can add some photos - like if I catch my grandson taking a nap under his quilt, that photo goes in the journal. I'm hoping that some day when I'm long gone, the kids and grandkids may enjoy going through the journal..

Do some or all of you keep quilt journals?