Old 07-29-2012, 05:34 AM
vickig626

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
The concept intrigues me but I can't think of things to do it with. You have to have the fabric quite stiff for it to feed properly in a circle. I would have to put stabilizer or wonder under onto the fabric to stitch the edge. If I use a fancy stitch the ends are not going to meet up properly. If I straight stitch the edge then I suppose you could use it for raw edge circles on top of another fabric square and carefully cut away the extra fabric. I could stitch a circle with a dryer sheet on top of the right side and then turn for Drunkard's Path blocks. All the things I think of would make a stiffer appliqué. What am I missing?
For the drunkard's path I'm working on - I use a cut-away stabilizer and trim out the stabilizer "after" I turn and applique the circle on and cut in the 4 blocks. You could also use wash-away stabilizer "after" the sew down.

As for having to use stiffer stabilizer, that's not really necessary. I help guide the fabric around simply by having my hand just under the fabric to keep it level and moving freely.