View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 05:47 AM
SunlitenSmiles

I really like the Plum books but Steph needs to meet a real man. Ranger has a life that will never include her and Joe is just stuck in a family mold and he really never relates to her as a person with her own goals (she has not set any goals...so I can see how this can happen....but she will, soon, I am sure) he only sees her as an extension of himself and if he calls her stupid one more time I will slam the book closed. I had to laugh when the Mayor of Trenton was arrested by the FBI recently also the cop that lives in a duplex and they found a kidnapped person in his garage...and his credit card forging cousin lives in the other half of the duplex.........looks like pages out of several Janet Evanovich / Plum books. The movie cast Steph, Grandma, Lula, Connie, Vinnie, Alpha, and the cop married to her cousin ..... perfect casting......all the rest terrible.....Rex looked more like a gheane(sp?)pig than a hamster ! They gave one of the best lines in the book to a nosy waitress when it was Connie that said it. Sad.

Another favorite author is Earlene Fowler and I recommend 'Love Mercy' and 'Saddlemakers Wife'.......the Benni Harper Mystery series that are named after Quilt Blocks are great but if you have never read any ...start with Fool's Puzzle...the second time I read them I made a point to read them in the order written, but they can stand alone.

Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 07-29-2012 at 05:50 AM. Reason: spelling