View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 05:57 AM
Sewnoma

My quilting album is in it's baby stages and it's all on my PC - I use Microsoft OneNote (which works a lot like a shelf of digital notebooks - I use it for EVERYTHING) - I have a notebook where I track quilt ideas and quilts in progress, with notes, links to websites where I see patterns/quilts/fabrics I like, and links to my EQ files; then a separate notebook for finished quilts where I put any 'in progress' snapshots, notes about when I started/finished, who it was made for, etc., and as soon as I can get my husband to help me out, finished quilt photos. (I just started seriously quilting this year and they're all being made for Christmas, so I still have them here waiting for their portraits to be taken!) I want to try to capture a picture of each person with their quilt too, once I do finally get to give them away. I'm chronically behind on updating photos though, they stay on my camera for ages. But, eventually they do get dumped & sorted.

If I were smarter and/or a bit less lazy, I'd keep a second notebook out in the real world, with fabric samples and notes on manufacturer, where I got the fabric and how much I paid for it, plus what quilts or other projects I've used it in. I keep thinking I am going to regret not doing this, but so far I still haven't done it. Sorry, future me! Too busy making quilts! LOL

Oh, and I also have a box I shove all my graph paper designs into, but most of the decent ideas from there end up in EQ and either linked to a project or in the "ideas" notebook, so I haven't worried about organizing them yet. I do keep them though, because sometimes I flip through and find I have something that didn't really work but gives me ideas for something else, or I see a way to fix it.