View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 08:41 AM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by IAmCatOwned View Post
I don't consider buying quality products to be extravagant. I bought a 45 mm rotary cutter (Olfa) in 1994. Still using it. The cheapo rotary cutter that I was given as a door prize broke in 2 years (and it was only used at Quilter's Night Out!). On the other hand, some of you go through a LOT of blades, so it makes sense that you might make do with adequate. Pay attention though on how often you change blades vs. the brand name.

I go round and round with my Mom on this stuff, but the fact is, if I can't get good quality, I don't buy it at all. Saves me money to buy other nonsense (like my fairly new Itouch that is sucking up all my quilting time).
LOVE this reply....it is the truth...why spend money on a lesser quality TOOL when the tools are make the craft? That would be like a home builder using a staple gun, duct tape, and elmers glue to build a house...TOOLS need to be the best;..and to me things like Gingher's are an heirloom item to be handed down...I just hope my boys like my collection..hehehhe