Old 07-29-2012, 10:29 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Default A little teaser for Loving Izabella, what is on my rack right now

Loving Izabella (April) asked me to quilt her Row Robin quilt for her daughter Izabella. April and I had a lot of collaboration on this. I love it when the owner of the top has a lot of input in the quilting design, then I am not second guessing , "will they like it?" Well, to be perfectly honest, that little nagging question is always there, even with as much discussion as April and I had on this.
Anyway... this is the CUTEST quilt for a little girl. It is so much fun seeing the work and talents of so many different quilters come together and create such a fun, whimsical quilt for Izabella. This quilt has everything, piecing, needle turn applique, fusible applique (with some AMAZING hand done blanket stitching in some blocks) hand AND machine embroidery.
I asked April if she wanted a little sneak peek and she said yes. So this is the middle row of blocks, which happened to be some of my favorites in the quilt. April peiced Izabella's name and asked for pebbling to make the letters pop. We also did a double batting, cotton on bottom and Hobbs Polydown on top. I am getting awesome "poof" factor with this combination. I simply could not resist doing what I did on the Australia block. Can you see them and tell what they are??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]352195[/ATTACH]
Here is a close up

[ATTACH=CONFIG]352196[/ATTACH]
This picture came in out of focus but I wanted to share anyway. I love how this block turned out.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352197[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352198[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352199[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]352200[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]352201[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc03483.jpg   dsc03486.jpg   dsc03488.jpg   dsc03491.jpg   dsc03492.jpg  

dsc03493.jpg   dsc03496.jpg