View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 11:31 AM
4dogs

My first one is for our KING size bed (how is that for crazy, the first one I made was king size)....the second one is on the guest bed..........third one went to my wonderful Mom-in-law; the next one was my daughter; next one to a friend just starting on a divorce (and very sad).....from there, I have made them for friends all over the USA........it seems like just about the time I get one done, I come across somebody who really needs a hug.........last one went to a friend who is in the community band with me, just starting on chemo for breast cancer; a need always pops up, that I want to send a hug to.... I also try to get 2 a week done for Project Linus (these are smaller, of course, so are made faster).
I am always on the look out for good sales on fabric; it does cost a bit to make and give a quilt to someone who needs it. I have made several for our two grandbabies (and so far, have not seen any of those being used, when we are at their house - I have a kinda strange DIL, I think).....anyways, what we do as quilters is very special, and I think there are times when God has a need for one of us to do something special for somebody who needs it!