Old 07-29-2012, 01:41 PM
kensington

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
Hanging head in shame.. Kensington you are absolutely correct. Those blocks make exact 12" blocks when finished correctly and hell with scant they would have to be made with 1/8th inch seams to make a perfect 12.5 which I think is not realisitic at all. Who sews with that kind of allowance so those who have done this before where did you find blocks that are 12.5 inches after you have sewn them? I cant find those patterns. My blocks are perfectly 12 inches just did two. Its great they are perfect in size BUT where is that .5 that I need? GRR just found a pattern I like too. It was fun to put together and is a nice block. One would think a person does not need to do mental math to change up the patterns so I think there must be another answer.
Actually, I have always used my footfeed as my 1/4 guide. Someone posted a link that said to move your needle one notch... I wasn't sure what she meant, so I went and looked. My simple machine had a "left, center, and right" position on my machine... So I moved it to the right. That was all I had to do. I've made three more blocks, using it that way. Worked everytime. Go figure. It is just like sewing right between 1/4 and 1/8". Not quite one, not quite the other. LOL

So, you might try that. I just had to put in a footfeed with the wider needle space. The one for button wholes or zig zag.

I think I am going to try to find a machine that comes with a scant 1/4 guide foot when I gey my new machine... this is a delima for Eleanor Burns... LOL

Last edited by kensington; 07-29-2012 at 01:46 PM.