View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 04:18 PM
laynak

Quilting keeps me in good health! I'm certain that if I hadn't started quilting when I retired, I would have become lost without enough to do. I make quilts (or items) to sell, for special occasions in our family, for donations to various causes, and as gifts to friends. My husband receives an anniversary quilt each year. No question from anyone what they might receive from me for a wedding gift. Sometimes, family doesn't respond with as much thrill as I might have had in making it but it's the love that went into it that matters. A thank you card might be all I hear back. Young people can be like that.
Our pets love quilts and show their appreciation by using every quilted item they can access. So, our furniture and surfaces have quilts/quilted items that are rotated depending on the season. They're washable and protect the furniture in the long run. Items I keep may be 'experiments' and either are exceptional or just good enough for day-to-day use. What else would I do with my stash????
Someday, family will inherit items I've made to do with as they see fit. Just as I've always cherished what my grandmother made decades ago. I believe she felt as I do now. And, I'm glad to have some of her still with me and I love the memories. Perhaps that'll carry on in my family too.