View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 03:19 AM
Quossum

I love that this thread came up!

I was HUGE into scrapbooking long, long ago, but that fell by the wayside when I discovered quilting in '01. At some point I realized I would never get back to those scrapbooks...now my vacations, pets, family pictures, all digital.

However, there is one thing I still scrapbook physically: my quilts. They have a digital scrapbook, too, but I have kept up with their paper scrapbook pretty well--only about three quilts behind at the moment! Any time I need inspiration, I can walk over to the shelf and pull down one of those albums. I'm on the third one now. I've made over 75 quilts, and it's so much fun to watch my abilities change and grow as the pages turn!

I include information about why I made that quilt, shots of the front, back, label, and details. I try to include a picture of the recipient if available, a plus if they're *with* the quilt.

Here are a couple of pages from one of my quilt scrapbooks:

Sometimes I get hold of a thank you note or photo later, so I'll put those in on a different page:

Talk about feel-good! I love looking back through my quilt albums.

Plus, they give me a chance to use some of the piles and piles of scrapbooking "stuff" that's still sitting around my house!

--Q