View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 04:37 AM
Jenniky

Default Orphaned Blocks QAYG Challenge

I invite anyone interested in learning the "Quilt As You Go" = QAYG techniques to join us here in this thread. What Im hoping we accomplish is to explore different QAYG techniques and to discuss variations on those techniques making several quilts using Orphaned Blocks. You can also use any block pattern if you do not have orphaned blocks. The challenge itself is to explore the techniques, the bonus of this challenge is giving purpose to any orphaned or practice blocks we have tucked away.

I will be posting step by step pictures and point out what I had difficulty with or what I like about the results or what I didn't like about the results and I encourage everyone else to do the same. I suppose we could call it a learn as we go tutorial. If you would like to join in and are using a different QAYG technique then Im currently working on. I will encourage you to also post pictures in a step by step manner. {If you are willing} Once I have completed one technique I will post a complete tutorial link in my Signature where anyone can refer back to without searching through the numerous posts on the thread.

What I really want to emphasize on is.

1. Giving ourselves permission to make something that is not necessarily perfect.
2. Teaching each other as we learn.
3. Problem solving as a group.
4. Discussions on Planning a QAYG project, What type of quilts work better with this process or which technique works best for each type of quilt. I dont have a timeline planned out. It will be an ongoing challenge where anyone who wants to work on a QAYG project can enlist support as they work on their quilt.

I personally plan on doing my best to explain and through pictures and step by step explanations of the problems I personally experience share the process of learning and helping others as we explore each technique. I will link and refer to various tutorials, list books, or online classes. All copyright laws must be adhered to and I invite the attention and input of experienced QAYG quilters to also share their insights.

Open your creative options by adding the QAYG techniques to your list of accomplishments.

*** This Challenge has been approved by Patrice***