View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 05:42 AM
GramMER

Originally Posted by chips88 View Post
i do not have a harbor freight near by. i do not have a fabric shop either. only walmart. i do not have a long arm to do quilting of my quilts. we have nothing in this area. wish i knew how to advertize that we need these things hear.
Where I live the saris and other ready made garments are fabulous! But, try to find good quality cotton that will not shrink every time you wash it! I have shopped at one place years ago, but now they do not carry what they call "foreign cloth." I can understand they want to cater to their own looms, but that prejudice surely frustrates a quilter. It also frustrates anyone who is used to cool, cotton blends for clothing that can be worn without ironing.

We go home every year and I do my best to find good cloth, scissors, cutting blades and or mats every time we go. I usually can't order online unless I want to ship it to a US address and then wait to get it a year later. Shipping overseas is out of the question. Now that the airlines limit us to one suitcase and one small carry-on, I have to be judicious about what I bring back.