Old 07-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Elisabrat

psychomom, points themselves are not so scary. For me its cutting all those darned triangles that bugs the heck out of me. The trick for me is to: not pull the fabric one when working with it so you dont wig it out of shape and two SEW slow and on the exact quarter or as they say here scant quart inch not over not under you know? and amazingly enough those points stay exactly where we hope they should be. I adore points in a quilt, feathers oh my! but doing them takes so much concentration and a true love and patience. I have the love not so much the other two and I do a lot of ripping of seams when I make them. Often my darned needle randomly does a oops slight detour to the right and when I look at those seams I open them up and do it again slower so its perfectly straight which helps give you a perfect point. Not that you asked by the way so tell me to shut up anytime I am fairly good at taking that. Ask my kids lol. Young people know so much these days. I can't wait til I get smarter again. just waiting for them to have kids of their own. I have given them the gypsy curse. My mom gave it to me and I am passing it on. U vait! U vil have children of your own she always said. Gulp. I had three. Now.. where are those grandchildren when you want them?