View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 07:55 AM
romanojg

I guess because my grand kids are at my house every week I don't try and entertain them. The 6yr old will tell me he's bored and I tell him to find something to do or I can put him to work. I told him it's not my job to entertain him. He has a grandmother who he only sees every so many months who spoils him rotten when he's there so it makes it harder because he expects the same at my house. I've been raising him since he was born and he just moved out last fall so I don't go above board spoiling him not on things that will end up causing me pain; like staying up late or eating whatever he wants or running to 7-11 for slurpees constantly. We are close and I'm really glad about that. It gives me great happiness to know that if something happens to me that he'll have good memories of me. I pray that I'll be around long enough so his sister will have those same memories too. She's a doll. I do feel for my grandson because we live in town and there aren't any kids around for him to play with. His other grandmother lives in the country and that's a whole different type of life so he loves it; I did too when I was young. When you have the great outdoors you don't need toys to entertain you. He does love to watch my embroidery machine go though; he says it cool how it goes by itself. That is my goal for August is to get caught up on the embroidery projects that are slated for Christmas.