Old 07-30-2012, 08:13 AM
germanquilter

Unfortunately, I have this dilemma right now with a king size quilt I had planned on making my brother for his wedding. He does not know about it but my mother does and she keeps asking me about it. My family lives in Germany and my parents will be visiting me the first two weeks in September. The quilt has to be pieced, long-arm quilted and bound by then because they will have to take it with them. Mailing the quilt to Germany would be outrageously expensive and I am unable to attend the wedding. When I first found out about my parents coming (April) and decided to make the quilt, time was still aplenty. I bought a new pattern and the material in May...and have barely started on this project! Summer has just been extremely busy with kids, company and hubby wanting to do stuff on the weekends. I finally had to put my foot down this weekend. Thankfully, both my hubby and oldest daughter will be gone this week and my LAQ is a dear friend who is willing to get the quilt back to me within a week squared up and binding attached as soon as I can get it pieced! The whole project has now turned into a "must-do" and it seems to suck the fun out of it for me :/