View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 09:14 AM
Sierra

You bet I keep a quilt journal! Mine is a spiral journal book with a beautiful cover and each quilt has its own 2 pages (sometimes more). If it is a NW Indian design (or whatever) the picture that began the quilt is included. I try to have a picture of the quilt + a picture of the person for whom the quilt was made (preferably when they first see it). I don't use patterns (I'd rather spend my money on fabric!) so I read up on the internet how to sew things together, or figure it out, and write down what works as well as cutting sizes, etc. Sometimes I go to a quilt long done and adjust it for another person (most of my quilts are made specifically for an individual). Just wish it were more complete.

Often I go back and check out how some quilt went together and do it again, but with a totally different pattern. Sometimes I just look at the quilts and notes out of pure enjoyment. But the best part is the picture with the person who now owns the quilt. Now I have to get busy and get those last pictures put in :>)

Last edited by Sierra; 07-30-2012 at 09:17 AM.