View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 10:10 AM
wordpaintervs

Default A Giant Thank You to the Quilting Forum

A few months ago 9 children aged two and a half to sixteen years of age, were removed for legal reasons and because of their parents, from their home and disbursed into foster homes in my area. Four of them have received my dolls for children in need of comfort and there will be two more delivered Sunday. Beacause the story in part was shown with a picture of dolls 110 through 113, two quilters responded and now each of those nine children will be receiving a quilt to show the love and caring of people in their world. One lady is going to try to get 8 quilts done. The other is sending one to the 5 year old when she returns from vacation.

These kids were never allowed toys, nor to socialize with other children. The only food they got to eat was what was considered sacred. no snacks. They had to cover their hair and wear long dresses, etc. They were told the world would come to an end last October. There are rumors of inapprpriate behavior on behalf of one parent and two in allowing such to happen to their children. Nothing confirmed but lots going on in the court system. At any rate the kids are split up, but do get to visit each other (Not the parents) from time to time, so that helps.

I just wanted to say how great the love and caring for these kids is, and thank the two helping with the quilts for them. You know who you are. Thanks a million. I know those kids will treasure those quilts for all their life. Thanks again on their behalf. I am preparing two more dolls to go out next sunday, so the 6 youngest will have a doll to comfort them and the quilts will follow.

Vickey S.