View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Tussymussy

Originally Posted by homebody323 View Post
It's 5:40 am and I'm up and so excited. I have been looking for a solution to my tiny kitchen and it's missing storage for ages. It hit me and I had to get up. I'm going to make some more of these only using wider shelving and make them shorter end to end. Then I'm going to run counter top from the end of my cupboards to the corner of the kitchen a span of about 6 feet and place these under it so I have roll out storage for large bowls, mixer, blender, wok, toaster oven, all those biggies that are currently living in the cabinet in the living room. Then I can house the blankets and pillows housed in the mule chest in the bedroom in that cabinet and I'll have some drawer space back for myself. It seems like a win, win. Yeah - solved my own problem. Maybe I will even use the last one closest to the back door for those things like a basket of gloves, scarves, another basket for grill supplies, extra boots on the bottom, recycleable bags for shopping. I'm on a roll this morning.
Thank you for a brilliant idea that I can use in my extremely small sewing room and can also use in the utility room. The sink there is set in the worktop and no cupboard underneath. The plumbing takes up a lot of space but 2 carts would slip in either side of the plumbing and give me a lot more storage space out there. I have used up a lot of brain cells trying to sort out my space problem in the ultra small utility room.

It could start something on this side of the pond that divides us.

Sue