Old 07-30-2012, 02:15 PM
lowjane

I have a Handiquilter11 frame that I purchased last summer, I am using my Kenmore sewing machine to perform wonders. The harp size is 7 1/2 inches. I have been using warm and natural batting which allows me more space to quilt as it wraps on the poles nice and neat. I have made many pantographs and rest my foot pedal on the back side of my machine along the tray and quilt away, I am the stitch and speed regulator. I have had the frame for one year now and have made 14 quilts on it. My quilts are mostly double- queen sized. Last week I decided to be brave and turn a quilt on the frame. Something I had not done before, no problem everything worked out very well. My only fear is that my 25 yr old domestic home machine will give up and I will have to retrain myself. I did not find any of my projects were problematic, I have used the poly fill and will again but I bought a huge amount of warm and natural, I lke the puffy feel of the polyfill so my next quilt I will return to it and at that stage will probably have to turn my larger quilts 1/2 way through so that I can quilt it in it's glory. I was very surprised that the learning curve was so short, and I had never free motion quilted before!!!