View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 04:25 PM
susansomethings

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
Just what is a good price for feed sacks? Does anyone know the going rate for them? I was at a store a while ago and the woman there said that she knew someone had some for sale, but I didn't ask what price they were, because I was looking for something else at the time. So sad, now that I've read this posting.
My mother had some that she got at a feed mill years and years ago. The only things left of them when she died was the white kitchen towels that she made from some white ones. I still have some of those towels and use them!
Well as far as a price for them first let me say a year or so ago I was at another auction & they had a very small box of them, not near as many as I got & they sold for $285.00!!! Look on ebay they sell very high & alot depends on the prints, last time I looked any that had a purple color in them went extremlly high. I was very blessed to get these at the price I did, I don't think there was anyone else there that knew they were feedsack fabric. If I were to sell these I dare say I could make a lot of money, but I don't see that happening.